Monday, March 24, 2008

"Women to Watch"

Zoe Strauss makes the best pictures. I could not wait to post this item because I am so obsessed with her poetic and razor-sharp images.



One of my favorite pictures; the first one of hers that I ever saw. I am pretty sure this woman is dead now.

You can see her and ten other incredible photographresses (I am just going to go ahead and use the sexist word I made up, ok?) at the National Museum of Women in the Arts' "Women to Watch 2008" show. It runs through June 15th.

I want to post more of Zoe's pics, but I have a bus to catch... Google the names of the any of the women in this show. Prepare to get lost in a vortex of jaw-dropping photography.

When I return to DC, more images from these women; more art from my trip to Philly this weekend.

No comments: