- For white garments, keep the pit stains in check with hydrogen peroxide. Mix half part water, half part hydrogen peroxide and soak the garment in it for a bit. Rinse!
- We love Oxyclean and Borax. FOR EVERYTHING.
- Make a paste of baking soda and water and spread on the stain. Let sit for a bit and then scrub off with a little brush.
- White vinegar is good for most colored fabrics, but be sure to test a spot beforehand if you're concerned. You can soak the whole garment in a mixture of water and white vinegar to freshen it up.
- We've never tried this, but apparently aspirin works well!
- And lastly, spray some lemon juice on the offending stain, and then air dry the garment in the sun. The sun plus lemon should bleach the stain out.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Vintage Vault: The Pits
Summer is nipping at our heels and that means SWEATING for most of us. Here's how to keep your precious vintage goods from suffering as well: