Tuesday, October 9, 2007

That's Knit!
































































(from top: inspirations from Giles, Giles, Collette Dinnigan, Sophia Kokosalaki, Louis Vouitton, Stella McCartney)

I love D.C. for many reasons, one of the most important being the change in seasons. Fall and Winter are my faves; I cannot help but love the comfort and layering of cool weather wardrobes. So, I was grateful for the ubiquitous knitwear on Fall 2007 runways. The quirky elegance and warmth of the extra-long handknit scarves and accessories made me want to start knitting right away.

If you are a beginner, chunky knits are easy and fast and brilliantly more rewarding than paying hundreds of dollars for a designer version. For supplies in the area, I love Aylin's Woolgatherer in Loehman's Plaza in Falls Church, they have a great sale section. At the Green Festival this past weekend, I made some purchases at Kusikuy, a swell fair trade company who works with native co-ops in the Andean region. They have lovely, handknit alpaca miniskirts and sweaters and also a variety of cozy Eco-Tinte Cotton yarn. Now, you can create your own Ready to Wear accessories to wrap around and around and around...


No comments: