Friday, October 10, 2008

Music for Sisters

Andrew and I took the train to Richmond today. It's a long ride - about three hours. Around Quantico, we were accosted by two sisters, ages nine and four, who wanted to guess our names, ages, and favorite animals. The older one guessed (incorrectly) that Andrew's name was Swamp and (correctly) that his favorite animal was a sloth. The four-year-old was sporting a delicate gold chain and a great haircut. "I'm bored," she told me, giggling. "Me too," I responded. "Knock-knock," she said. "Who's there?" I asked. "Poop-poop!" she cried.

At some point, we started talking about the Pointer Sisters.



Andrew started singing. "One two three four five, six seven eight nine ten ... do you know that song?" I chimed in. "Eleven twelve?" The older sister shook her head. "Have you seen the video on Sesame Street? It's so cool - they're inside a pinball machine," I said. "Look it up on YouTube," Andrew advised. "Do you know about YouTube?" She shook her head again.

No comments: