Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Montreal

Next stop on the Listopad choo-choo: Montreal!

Moshe Safdie's famed living quarters against the pretty St. Lawrence river.

(ryuenishizawa.com)

We enjoyed the dreamy optimism of Ryue Nishizawa and his "Some Ideas of Living..." at the CCA.


This is a bike path. Absolument!

The bagels were such sweet, chewy, delicious little suckers.

I admit this city made me a little envious. There is a lot of emphasis on ease of transport, parks, music, fun, and food. Also, there are sweet little vintage (friperie) shops everywhere. We hope to make another stop there soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Montreal is my favorite city in the world. It's the first city I explored on my own as a 16 year old! I heart Montreal

Listopad said...

At 30 was mind-blowing, can't even imagine 16:-) Seriously, though, it was rad. I will readily admit D.C. could learn from Montreal. Cath