Monday, January 26, 2009

Get To It



Tuesday, there is a big par-tee for the release of the Adventure/Dan Deacon 12" at Zodiac.

Reading Lolita in Tehran author Azar Nafisi will be at Politics and Prose discussing her new book, Things I've Been Silent About, on Wednesday. Plus: Portland's Au plays the Velvet Lounge.

In high school, I would sneak out of my house and drive around the deserted streets of DC listening to Nightmares on Wax - their sampled orchestrations lent a meaningful pallor to Rock Creek Park at 3 AM. I am excited that they'll be at the Black Cat on Thursday. Or, you could venture north to the Talking Head for the Golden Filter and friends.

Saturday, Lykke Li brings her top-knotted goodness, artistically-spelled name, and generally sunny disposition to Sixth and I.

No comments: