Thursday, January 29, 2009

R. I. P., Vintage

Hi guys! Allow me to hijack the blog today in order to air personal grievances.

We like vintage because it's older and wiser. One of the downsides of older things, however, is that they sometimes die. It's always really sad when this happens with clothing, especially clothing that you've become really attached to despite knowing that your time together would inevitably be short. It is also sad when this happens with housewares.


R. I. P., miniature dog mirror!

Backstory: I have a really bad (good?) habit of buying those screenprinted mirrors whenever I see them at thrift stores.


This one has plants on it.


This one says "Tragique D'Hamlet: Prince Du Danemark."

But the one with the little dog on it held a special place in my heart - it was so tiny, so adaptable! It followed me through my life, from Philadelphia to DC - just like a real dog! I am really sad to see it go, but I think that these two huge cracks render it a little too unpredictable to continue perching atop my dresser. I will no longer see it's furry little face staring back at me when I am attempting to apply mascara (or white eyeliner - my most recent Beauty Island impulse buy).

2 comments:

Kata said...

sad :( also get me some of that eyeliner!!

Fashion Serial Killer said...

oh man, i'm the queen or ruining vintage clothes. I get so mad bcuz i think of how long they have been on the earth until they meet ME!