Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Listopad Sweats

Last March, my mind was blown when I went to see the Boredoms for the first time. (How did I make it to 24 without seeing this band? Will there ever be peace in the Middle East? These questions, among others, are unanswerable.)

The Boredoms had it all that night: a set that blurred the lines between circus, performance art, and music; uni-dreadlocked frontman Eye playing a seven-necked guitty with drumsticks; two little mini-Boredoms running around who could I only assume were the luckiest babies in the world because a.) they were kawaii and b.)they came out of someone in that band.

In addition, they had a really cool opening act called Soft Circle, which was former Black Dice percussionist Hisham Bharooca doing things I couldn't quite understand with drums and some sort of tape-loop situation. I liked Soft Circle, but I couldn't tell why. But I just found out and now I am telling you guys! Up until today, I had no idea that Hisham was also my favorite artist.


I don't know what this picture is called! Do you??

A quick persual of his MySpace reveals other common interests: we too are fans of R. Kelly's Trapped in the Closet, America's Next Top Model, and Henry Moore!





As Celia said to Nancy on that one episode of Weeds: "Be my friend!"

No comments: